How fun would this be?
Prints are an important fashion trend this this year, and the fall collections are no exception. Designers, shop windows and fashionistas alike are showing and wearing bold prints with other prints.
How can you pair prints successfully without looking like a tourist? Read more here.
Remember a while back when I wrote about how Ugg makes virtually everything. Well…. I ain’t lyin’!
Ugg now has a wedding shop, which includes furry flip flops, metallic leather short boots (those have been around) and irridescent sequins classic short boots.
I’m not sure their intent is to actually have brides wear these under their wedding dresses (not that they wouldn’t be thrilled at that photo op!), but who would actually need “wedding uggs” in May, June or July? Couples honeymooning in Chile?
Yep, it’s happened. Write down the day, the day that will live in infamy. The day that I, Amy Grace, am not coveting anything. Not anything in particular, anyway. As hard as I have tried today, and as many websites as I scoured while waiting for my car hatch latch to be fixed, I could not find a single thing worth posting.
So, my loyal followers, I will give you the top 10 things I do not covet today instead. Try to control your excitement!10. The Iowa Caucus finished up last night, and since I am a neighbor to Iowa, I seem to get more than my fair share of political calls at inopportune times (read ALWAYS!) I do not covet these.
9. It’s 48 degrees right now in Middle America, and my Mac’s weather icon says we should be expecting almost 60 tomorrow. It’s been like this for several weeks, and it looks like it may continue into the beginning of the next one. It will end sometime, and we will be repaid handsomely with snow, ice and treachery soon. I do not covet these.
8. I have work to do. My virtual boss (she’s real, but we’ve only met once in person. And she lives 10 hours away.) sent me a copywriting assignment with plenty of categories to complete. I do not covet these.
7. We generally eat 3 meals and 1 snack at our house. Coming up with something to make for 3 meals per day, 7 days per week is awful for me. I would rather jam a sharpened pencil into my palm. I do not covet these.
6. I gave up shaving my legs last fall, and started waxing instead. It’s great that the hair grows in slower and softer each time, but sucks that you have to wait for it to get long enough to be ripped out again. They are especially unsightly when I have to wear workout pants that only go to my knees. I do not covet these hairs.
5. I took another close look at the tile that is my kitchen counter top. It’s awful. No matter how much I scrub, dig and bleach, the grout is dingy and dirty. It doesn’t help that I live with 3 children (ok 2, but my husband doesn’t wipe up spills either.) And who’s brilliant idea was it anyway, to use tile and grout for a counter top? I do not covet these.
4., 3. Sadly, I was not blessed with a lithe little body or the Hollywood metabolism that keeps starlets thin without even trying… ahem, right!…so there are at least 4 days per week, when I must drag my butt to a Body Blast class, Zumba or to run rat-like on an annoying cardio machine. I do not covet these days. Or these machines.
2. My husband bought me new, super cute Uggs for Christmas. (Yes, the ones on my daily covet!) They were too big. So I reordered from Ugg.com, and they sent me a new “pair” in my size, yet one boot was significantly larger than the other. I do not covet boots in different sizes.
1. And last, but definitely not least, I have had a knot in my shoulder for weeks now. I’m pretty sure it’s from excessive typing in a non-ergonomic fashion. As I type, it’s zinging me with sharp pin-like pains, while simultaneously maintaining the ever-present dull ache. I do not covet this.
There you have it! You don’t even have to stay up late to watch Letterman tonight… you can get your top 10 and all my complaining in one sitting. Thanks for hanging in there with me!
My Uggs have seen better days. They are my 3rd pair, and because I wear them outside in the rain, snow and ice every year, they tend to get pretty beat up, pretty quick.
So I have my sights set on my next pair. This cute pair of Bailey Button boots. In gray this time, since I wear black pretty much all winter, and I don’t want black because they show too much “slop” from Midwest winter weather.
And I like the 3 buttons, so that it’s easier to tuck in my jeans or leggings!
Santa baby, listen up!